Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Training Tip 4: Read a good book about running

Have you ever asked yourself if beer might make you a faster, more enduring runner? Have you ever considered cutting of a toe in order to save weight (... where it matters most)? Have you ever heard of the Native American tribe hunting deer by literally out running the animal and subsequently suffocating it by hand?

Running, endurance running in particular, is serious (fun). Bernd Heinrich - a world class ultra marathoner and scientist - mixes his personal passion for running with scientific detail and between the lines a lot of humor and irony.

I enjoyed the book greatly. It made me laugh out loud at times, taught me many important lessons (No, I did not cut any toes off yet) and gave me a lot of additional answers to the question: Why on earth do I like to run?

(Clearly it somewhat also influenced the title of this blog…even if we might be doing it for very different reasons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment